The door creaked open that betrayed the clear lack of oil on the hinges. It is known that the budgets for public universities are often not often very generous. The teacher placed the glasses that hung on his chest without even contemplating the crowd of students waiting their turn in the crowded hall. This attitude of intransigence was the fruit of weariness and annoyance that produced the routine examination. He had learned to take the class taught in a more relaxed, for a while, but tests were something that had not yet been overcome. Sometimes it looked overwhelmed by the behavior of young people, deprived him of his humor. From time to though some light is shipped with an interesting exhibition, but most were mediocre students who simply know what is right and necessary, and repeated the tedious lessons with mechanisms that closer to a Olivetti ET 60, the human race. Of course there were the unbearable, indescribable geeks who had answers to all questions and had studied even the most remote readings, those that students "normal" dismiss for lack of time or interest.
Finally, with the glasses on, searched for the last time the list and called aloud, Piacentini! The man in question appeared from the crowd, asking permission, with a hint of nervousness in his voice, makes perfect sense in an instance of this type for any mortal. She presented with a "Yes, it's me" and the teacher down the lens with your index finger from the basin of his eyes toward the nose, looked with some disdain humanity Piacentini and invited him to enter, tacitly , with glasses still on his right hand, extended, indicating the room while it urged: "Please ..." Piacentini
appeared to be a regular student, it might not be a ball, but probably not going to repeat his test as a talking parrot. Surely there was gone too far in the investigation of the issues, but seemed to understand well. The typical voltage at the beginning of any test is diluted and the professor began to feel comfortable. Identified at some point with Piacentini, as he reminded himself in his student days, when he thought of becoming a successful professional. After the frustration of not getting a steady job led him to become a teacher. No disliked the task, except for exams, but neither was what I wanted. Anyway, it was too late to change.
The test went quite well and the teacher began to feel curious about the lives of youth. Then in a moment yawned the pupil and the teacher took the opportunity to investigate a little about his private life:
- slept little last night? - Asked. Piacentini, surprised, hesitated to respond. Not imagine such a question.
- If so - replied.
- Aha. Was studying late, then? - Insisted the teacher, who does not like things. A Piacentini it was very strange situation, but was quickly gain confidence, and bearing in mind that the review was pretty good, felt comfortable and took off his truth:
- Not really ...
- And then? - Pry, even more, the teacher.
- Well ... the truth is that I was at a family birthday ... could not miss, and well ... you. watched as it is, always end up later than you think ... - defended Piacentini.
"Ah, a family birthday, I understand ..." And who was the guest of honor, if I may ask? - Inquired the teacher in an amazing level of confidence, but with respect.
-Ehmm ... - Piacentini took the face to simulate fatigue and finally concluded: - My uncle, yes, my uncle Mario, brother of my mother ...
"Oh, okay ... sure, no? Are not you lying? - The professor's eyes narrowed as a pair of shelled peanuts, trying to dig deep in the soul of Piacentini, with just a glance. This could not prevent it from escaping the grimace of a smile and even at the risk of knowing I was doing something "politically incorrect", became incredibly confident and length:
- No, sorry, it really was a birthday, but was not my uncle, but a friend ...
"Oh, I see ... - the teacher replied, undeterred.
"If it really is a great friend and did not want to miss, I tried to leave early, but you. know ... - again to shield Piacentini.
"Yes, yes ... I know it is - said the professor. "I once I was a student. Well, do not laugh ... a long time already ...
"Sure, I guess
- What do you envision? - Required the teacher.
"No, that ... was also a student you ever ...
" Oh, of course. Yes it is ... but it was not like ... - Piacentini, which seemed silly at times, but it was not, began to sense that the teacher had been nostalgic for some strange reason he had chosen to make the listener must of its anecdotes student. Without knowing quite what to expect, he set out to try to give it more attention, since the assessment was not yet finished and wanted to drop you as sympathetic as possible, in order to secure the note.
"Now you have the possibility of getting every weekend with their families ... ...
" Yes ... well, like I'm from here - Piacentini said.
"Never mind, I do not. - The teacher said, abruptly.
"And many of your colleagues either, surely. - Piacentini felt he had gotten the shrimp and called silence. "When I was your age ... - continued the professor I had who works to study. Laburo boy in the White Choperia, ask your old man, surely the need to know. I think there is still ... - The student nodded. "I, Godek back to my village, I had to wait months! "And look that is not so far, eh? But it was different ... we had to hitchhike to bring you ... the groups were few and expensive. - Piacentini sensed some resentment in the story, but the teacher continued:
"Now I hear they party on Thursday, rocks ... on Thursdays! We are lucky we went out on Saturday if we had to work ... And the study, well, that's another topic ... now have photocopying ... in my day, I had to go into the library to make summaries! - The teacher raised student voice and began to feel uncomfortable.
"And then some complain that the literature is over, say ... Too much! - The teacher got up from his chair and began to walk through the empty room, confused. Piacentini watched with some fear.
- Do You Know bancarte what was that? - Asked the student, but he dared not answer, thought was one of those questions are not answered, just shut up. The teacher and looked at him, just watching through the window. Suddenly, it seemed to calm down and took a seat on the back leaning slightly forward. But suddenly exploded, kicking the side chair and shouted:
- They do not have the slightest fucking idea what to study! - Piacentini was stunned. I could not believe how the situation had degenerated. He thought about trying to calm him, but did not know enough and the man seemed angry. Quickly realized that this was someone who had suffered greatly. But he continued:
- Do you know what happens Piacentini? - Approached the student, pointing repeatedly in the chest with his forefinger, he said: "The fault lies with the parents ... give them all: the dept, the money for the trip, the notes, the pilchita, send them cakes , some even have a car! So spoil, man ... the effort is not worth a damn ... not worth a damn ... - now seemed calm, as the crowd who thronged outside, waiting, watching in amazement. Piacentini waved them that everything was fine, as in those bad movies where the good guy Yankee takes a slap and then everyone wants to come to his defense, but he stops and makes them understand that the question, is there on "personal" and that it manages itself. Piacentini realized that I had to play along.
"Professor, do not go well, you're right ... times change, and not like it ... - the professor was silent, looking to the blackboard, her back to evaluated, nodding. Piacentini knew she had to continue. "Today it is very difficult, children are overstimulated by a bunch of things: drugs, easy money, easy sex, gambling, internet ... is a truly evil ... evil ..." Very
- replied the professor. "That's why you have to work ...
" It's true, look ... I want to tell you, with all respect, I admire your work. Yours and all the teachers in this school ... is really a very important social function to meet you ... - Piacentini was doing well to pass.
-Yo Piacentini thank you, you ... I like - the teacher again you treat it as if its senses after being transformed into Mr. Hyde a while. "If I knew how hard it is sometimes ... - answered as resigned.
"I guess, a professor, I suppose ... - Piacentini nodded understanding.
The teacher resumed his seat and quietly but without hesitation note Piacentini settled, first in his notebook and then in the list. Just had finished, she handed him and said, almost without looking ... "You can go
Piacentini, very well ... I congratulate you.
"Thank you, professor, until then ... - Piacentini rose from the bench and headed for the door without looking at the note. When I went to turn the handle, the teacher called him "... Ehm ... Piacentini
... - required him doubtfully.
"If ...?
"To the rock that you put together the Thursday night ... Do I have to take early? - The teacher asked, curious but firmly, something inexperienced.
-Prof ... to you is free ... - Piacentini winked and left. In his book and had the first 10 of his career. It would also be unique.
0 comments:
Post a Comment